Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Well, sort of. I think, the reason for misunderstandings and the resulting tensions, is a lack of understanding. As we get closer to people, we learn more about them. After a certain point, we start simulating their behavior in our mind, expecting and foretelling what they might or perhaps, ought to do! And when the results of the simulation are not quite the same as the reactions in real time, there are disagreements and arguments.
I believe, in a relationship, the degree of comfort shared is directly proportional to the amount of error we provide for in our simulations. In other words, the amount of freedom we are willing to give. The lesser the expectations, the better is it. The thing is, we can never hope to fully understand another human, no matter how long you've known them because we are such complicated beings.
Is it a wonder then, that the most comfortable relationships are those that are casual and have tons of space and the least amount of expectations?
Before I knew him, I believed what I was told,
But not for long, cause soon I was certain,
There was a kid inside, hiding behind age's curtain,
A zest for life, that put those younger to shame,
From the Director to the watchmen, everyone knew his name,
An ocean of patience, bottled within,
Little or nothing, that got under his skin,
Though I've always thought, patience was just a show,
The real reason perhaps, the fact that with him everything registers a tad ___,
Like even now, I'm sure you've figured before him,
Cause right about this line, his tubelight switches on, as does his precious grin,
Yes, long overdue has been this rhyme,
But Heck, in his case, promptness would've been a crime,
So folks once more, recall the 'Bolt' salute,
And with it, that lovable Jat brute,
I'm gonna miss hear him say, 'saale cc' at the end,
Paape, I love you, my bro, my friend!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
In my last waking moments, your thoughts run deep,
Miles away from you, as I lie in the train,
A million memories of you, running through my brain,
How I wish with a blink, I could come back,
Instead of lying in this steel wagon, on a steel track,
But to blink back, I don't have a jeannie and neither am I one,
So I must settle for the little, that by me can be done,
I write a few lines for you, hoping they'll make you beam,
And I shut my eyes, to meet you, if only in a dream!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Always with me when I'm blue, when I'm feeling sad,
When I'm sitting overwhelmed by my tribulations, burdened by myself,
Loneliness comes around to keep me company, to offer help,
Sitting with him, I mull over all that did happen, all that is past,
And he always manages to assure me, that this neither, for long shall last,
As he begins to speak, I have my head in my hands,
My toes are nervy, they're drawing patterns in the sands,
But slowly the words are clearer, they begin to make more sense,
He seems to always find a way, even when I'm being dense,
Soon I'm smiling, and I look up amongst the crowd, seeking him out,
But he's gone, all my gratitude, he's left without,
Burdened by his benevolence, for his company, I'm longing soon enough,
And I know where to find him, so once again, I set out to seek waters, choppy and rough...
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Why I stare at the moon so oft,
Lying in my bed, from my window I look out,
And watch him brighten the Earth, with his light so soft...
I don't know what the crescent holds,
That I look at and am lost everytime,
I wonder what story he wants to unfold,
Or what that story has to do with mine...
Night after night, I watch him traverse the sky,
His crescent smiles turning to round laughs and the laughs turning back to smiles,
I wonder how they love each other so, I sometimes even wonder why,
His world revolves around hers, and yet, they remain separated by distant miles...
Monday, December 21, 2009
To a mortal being, immortal is anything that existed before they did and lasts even after they're gone. With this frame of reference in mind, if someone was born one day before me and died one day after, for me, that person would've been immortal...
Simple isn't it?
Sunday, December 20, 2009
When I'm with my friends and we're sipping some brew,
I almost tell them, what to me you are,
In the storm of my life, my guiding star,
And then I realise, it's been long since I've said,
Words that I haven't written here but I'm hoping you've read...
Saturday, December 19, 2009
For what dwells within, I'd seldom like to express,
So I move on, having convinced you of what isn't,
Suspect me of lying? Hah! I bet you didn't,
But on days like this, when I'm reminiscing on a bridge with myself,
I feel a pall grow within that I just can't help,
For I can lie to you, lie to the world and hold my tears in my eyes,
But I can't hide myself from myself, despite all my tries...
(Note to self: Archived till here)
Friday, December 18, 2009
1. Last beverage: Kharbuja Juice...(thanks to Rohan...)
2. Last phone call: Sadly, again, Rohan...
3. Last text message: Shuchita Thavi
4. Last song you listened to: Iris (Goo Goo Dolls)
5. Last time you cried: ummm...I think I was watching some movie...a couple of days ago...(Yeah, I'm the guy you'll hear sobbing no end in the theater!)
HAVE YOU EVER...
6. Dated someone twice: Yeah! (I mean, depends on your definition of a date though!)
7. Been cheated on? : Hmmmm...I've never really qualified to get that far!
8. Kissed someone & regretted it? : I think I'm gonna hate this questionnaire! Never been kissed... :(
9. Lost someone special? Yes...
10. Been depressed? : Like my friends say, I am a depressed soul! (ummm...I think they also say, I am a depressing soul!)
11. Been drunk and threw up? Does being drunk on coffee count? But no, havent thrown up after being high on coffee...
LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLORS:
12. Blue (The Chelsea kind!)
16. Made new friends: Kindergarten! Heck, the first friend I ever made, is still my best friend! :)
17. Fallen out of love: Nopes...
18. Laughed until you cried: Lotsa times!
19. Met someone who changed you: Yups...almost everyone that comes close to me, changes me in some way or the other...I'm a sum-total of all the people around me!
20. Found out who your true friends were: Been fortunate enough to never have been let down by anyone! (Touchwood!)
21. Found out someone was talking about you: Never...never been half as popular!
22. Kissed anyone on your friend's list: I told you I'd hate this questionnaire!
23. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life: Everyone...except maybe 4 that I have met on blogger...
24. How many kids do you want to have: 11...most of them, adopted...
25. Do you have any pets: Nopes...
26. Do you want to change your name: Absolutely not!
27. What did you do for your last birthday: Friends came over with a cake at midnight...then spent the rest of the day sleeping and answering calls.
28.What time did you wake up today: 10
29. What were you doing at midnight last night: Sleeping...
30. Name something you CANNOT wait for : Finding my calling!
31. Last time you saw your father: this morning...he was praying and I was in bed!
32. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: Nothing...absolutely nothing!
33. Most visited web page: Blogger dashboard.
WHAT'S YOUR :
34. Name: Bikram Premkumar Snehi
35. Nicknames: Biks, Biki, Bika, Bikini.
36. Zodiac sign: Gemini
37. Male or female or transgender : Male
38. Elementary: The Bishop's School, Pune/ St. Vincent's Boys High School, Pune
39. Colleges: Vidyabhavan Junior College, Pune/ Rajarshi Shahu College Of Engineering, Pune/ Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
40. Hair color: Salt and Pepper
41. Long or short: Short
42. Height: 5.10.5"
43. Do you have a crush on someone? Two.
44. Ever been in love? Yups
45. Piercings? None
46. Tattoos? Nope...but I want "निर्लज्जम सदासुखी" on the back of my neck.
47. Righty or lefty: Righty
48. First surgery: None
49. First piercing: NA
50. First best friend: Saurabh
51. First sport you loved: Cricket
52. First pet : A dog
53. First vacation: Patna
54. First concert: NA
55. First crush : Hmmm...I think it was this girl called 'Karishma' in a class I'd joined in 9th...
56. Eating: Half-fried eggs.
57. Drinking: I love water a lot...
58. I'm about to: Step out for a drive...
59. Listening to: Cricket commentary!
60. Waiting for: A job!
61. Want kids? OFC!
62. Want to get married? Hmmm...twice actually!
63. Careers in mind? Hehehe...I'll tell you that when I have my first job! I have no idea what I wanna be!
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
64. Lips or eyes: Eyes!
65. Hugs or kisses: ? Never been kissed so I'm inclined towards the kisses part!
66. Shorter or taller: Taller.
67. Older or Younger: Younger
68. Romantic or spontaneous: Spontaneous...(I'm romantic enough!)
69. Nice stomach or nice arms: Stomach...like mine atleast! :P
70. Sensitive or loud: Sensitive
71. Hook-up or relationship: Have no experience with either, sadly...
72. Trouble maker or hesitant: Trouble maker...im hesitant :D
HAVE YOU EVER :
73. Kissed a stranger: I wish!
74. Lost glasses/contacts: Hehehe...I'd gone to Murud with my classmates, got so excited at the sight of the ocean, I dived in without removing my spectacles...never saw through them again!
76. Broken some one's heart: Ah! Nopes...at least, not that I know of!
77. Had your own heart broken: Yups...
78. Been arrested: Hehehe...almost! Once for jumping from one train to another at Andheri Station!
79. Turned someone down: Nopes...(and I'm still single, so you can gauge my plight!)
80. Cried when someone died: Yes...a lot...
81. Liked a friend that is a boy? Hehehe...not in a sense that would need invoking article 377, no!
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
81. Yourself: A little too much I think...
82. Miracles: Happen...I'm waiting for one!
83. God: is an Egotist!
84. Love at first sight: Yup!
85. Heaven: It's right here!
86. Santa Claus: Who?
87. Kiss on the first date? I officially dislike this quiz!
88. Angels: Friends :)
89. Devils: I, me, myself...
90. Is there one person you want to be with right now? Yup.
91. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time? No
92. Wanted to kill someone ever? Nopes...
93. Among your blog mates, whom would you like to kiss? HUH?
94. Committed a blunder and regretted later? Committed, Yes...regretted, No...
95. Wanted to steal you friend's boyfriend / girlfriend? : Nopes...absolutely not...
ASSOCIATE WITH SOMETHING YOU WEAR :
96. White: Shoes
97. Black: Watch
98. Red: Nothing
99. Pink: Nothing
100. Posting this as 100 Truths? Nopes...98 truths...
Spot the two lies!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Which brings me to the next part. I doubt there have ever been students from my college in the past who have struggled to get employed for as long as I have. I mean what were the chances? When I joined, the seniors were looking at packages of 7L+ in the very least...my batch hoped for a little more...but then we were hit by the now-so-famous recession. So the batch struggled to get employment. However, all but me, all of the 420-odd strong, leave me, have been employed.
I'm not too worked up about being unemployed though, a little bit cause I've got a loan to pay off but not really too much...what strikes me though, is how much the universe is conspiring for me. It couldn't be plain co-incidence, all that has been happening.
Maybe I'm not destined to be stuck in a 9 to 5 job...maybe I am destined to do something else...like maybe write...but...am I?
Monday, December 14, 2009
Sometimes, all alone, when I'm longing for you,
I wish, somehow, you might be longing for me too,
Cause right then, there's nothing that I wouldn't do,
To see your smile, if only, it were for a moment or two...
Sometimes, all alone, when I'm lost in your thought,
I wish, somehow, in your mind, me too you've got,
Cause right then, there's nothing that I wouldn't do, to bring the distance to a naught,
To see those eyes, that for so long, my eyes have sought...
Sometimes, all alone, when in my head, I hear you speak,
I wish, somehow, my voice, you too do seek,
Cause right then, there's nothing I wouldn't do, to be with you, everyday of every week,
To hear the voice, that gives me strength, makes me weak...
Sometimes, all alone, when my hand lies half open this way,
I wish, somehow, our fingers could be joined in play,
Cause right then, there's nothing I wouldn't do, to rid me of the emptiness filling my days,
And to you I write these words, cause I can't bear these sometimes, forever and for always...
Got back from Delhi and wrote this in the train...the trip was awesome but I'll be able to tell more when I get back to Pune...am still only as far as Bombay. (Not that I'm complaining much about it! Well, I'm on a borrowed laptop so this is it for now. Shall update in detail whence I get home. Ciao!)
Monday, December 07, 2009
In Delhi for my ex-roommate's wedding. Will be here till saturday...
It's friggin cold here...and with the amount of fat I have in my body, the chill isn't funny!
The big yellow star sets on this city at 530! It's dark at 6! When I got off the train, I stood in the sun for a good 10 minutes! I now fully understand why so many songs are upbeat about 'A Bright Sun-shiny Day!'
Not my first trip to the capital...though the first time around the temperature was moderate and bearable...didn't like the city at all back then and had very notoriously, gone absconding from my job to run off to Bombay and NMIMS...funny story that...maybe i'll let you in on it sometime...
Oh! And I don't have very good memories of The Capital...I almost didn't come, almost...
But theres the bro-code to be honoured so kinda forced myself to get here...hoping the trip turns out better than it did the last time around!
Well, that's all for now... Shall catch you guys in about a weeks time...unless i get bored and decide to publish from my phone like right now...
Friday, December 04, 2009
Remind us of when we were just 9,
Some that take us back to the corridors of school,
Bringing back memories when all the boybands were cool,
Songs that bring back the college days,
Remind us occasionally of our wayward ways,
Those songs from when had woken the rebel in us,
To dag nab the worldly laws and all their fuss,
Ah! Then there's that one song from your very first love, the very first time,
That tune, those lyrics, that still sound sublime,
And then that one song that epitomizes all you are,
Captures every hope, every tear, every dream, every scar,
And then one night, like me, when you've got your playlist on,
You suddenly might find your time machine, as you reminisce the days gone by with every passing song...
P.S. Two posts again today...
In the darkness of the night, I see lights shimmer and glow,
Once again the road twists and another valley lies beneath,
But this ones awash in the brightness of the full moon's sheath,
Is one sight better than the other I wonder,
I'm sure you think me crazy to even bother n ponder,
Nature's beauty in all it's glory, mesmerising n pure,
Man couldn't match her genius for sure,
But as the road winds and I see both sights,
I marvel at us human's might,
I dunno if you too would look in awe upon this show,
But I'm mesmerised, by the shimmering stars, both above and below...