Thursday, May 13, 2010

Judgemental Relativity

This one draws inspiration from thoughts brought forth by Ria and her post.
It is also my attempt at putting to rhyme thoughts running in my previous post.

Deny it all you like
But you're just like me,
And as much as I hate admitting it
I end up in judgemental relativity...

I know you wanna believe
That there are no rights or wrongs
That like a cup o' coffee
The brew varies from light to strong...

But there are just two sides
And there lies nothing in between
In the greyness, I stubbornly justify
The darkness that I want unseen...

Yeah, I've made my mistakes
And try as I might, I'm gonna make some more
Even if I hate watching me falter
And I hate feeling bruised and sore...

But how could I have not fallen
If I chose to unsee the dark?
When I stopped asking awkward questions?
And didn't want answers for they were stark?

But enough of being human
My own weakness I must now fight
No more friggin lame excuses
I know what's wrong and I'm gonna go ahead and do what's right...

5 comments:

cute n confused said...

i loved (absolutely completely totally ) loved the last para.
awesome. :)
good biki. good poem. :P

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Hehehe!
:)
Thank you, thank you!

RiĆ  said...

Loved it!! :) Like i said i love ur poems coz they make so much of sense n they r real.

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Why thank you ma'am! You're too kind!

Angie said...

absolutely loved it!!!