Thursday, December 21, 2006

When the Eyes Refuse To Lie

“I need to tell you something tonight,
What I have done is not right,
I have misled you to believe,
In love, you I did deceive.

“I need to tell you that you need to forget,
All the dreams in you that I did beget,
Those were just dreams in wisps of sand,
They hold no ground no matter how grand.

“I need to tell you to move on,
I need to tell you that I am now gone,
I have no part to play in this life of yours,
I am sorry that I am leaving these scars.

“But I know that I am not the one your heart seeks,
I know that it is someone else that in your dreams peeks,
It is the same with me too,
I would be glad if you would understand it to be true.

“I wish you adieu and wish you luck,
I hope you find happiness with your new chuck,
I know you will move on to happier days,
I am glad that we now part ways.”

I am glad it was over a phone I spoke,
Else she would have seen the heart she broke,
Cause no matter how hard I try,
My eyes just refuse to lie.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful.. Is it written by u?

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

of course its written by me... when did you last read something that was on this blog and not written by me???

Anonymous said...

the question came up coz i live in the world of COPY-PASTE

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hehe...
well im really flattered you found something written by me to be so darned good...
thanks man...

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! Those lines are worth the adulation :)

Angie said...

wow... made so much sense n relevance to my life...
jus keep on writing...never let go of wht u have...

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

yeah dont worry, ill never give up writing... its the only thread that keeps me sane and among humans!!!