Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ADIOS MUMBAI!

You know what, there are another 24-odd days left in my tryst with city of dreams, Mumbai... It's almost over now...and almost a time to reminisce...almost...
When I look back though, there have been a very few take-aways for me from my time here... before I joined, I had thought, knowing my years-old tussle with the city, that if i were at a point when I'd be leaving the city, I'd be sad and possibly overwhelmed. (Yes Lehar, I did think so but sadly, no such emotions crossed me today.) I'm almost happy to be leaving. Despite not having a job at the end of the course, I'm still not displeased. Apprehensive about my future, yes...very much so...but not disappointed.
Funny, 24 days...it's a countdown that I dreaded so much in every one of the previous institutions I have been a part of, even Thermax...yet, here...now...there is a sense of relief...an emotion that is new to me. Yes, obviously i shall miss some of the friends I have made over the past year but I am most disappointed that I will be leaving one person behind...someone whom I've been without for a long time now...
It's so bad, I tried looking back and writing a poem...and I couldnt even put down one line...

7 comments:

hulosona said...

enjoy the last 24 days!! sometime we miss past only if it is past!! you still have 24 days!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hmmm...possibly...
anyhow, i'm gonna make sure i have a ball these last few days!

cute n confused said...

one day,and i promise u this, one day u will look back at these yrs and MISS them, and want them back. bombay..its madness..the ppl..the ricks..the potholes..the crazy bike rides...the craziness..all of it..and then, on that day biks, u will be flooded by all thoe emotions tht u feel r lackin today, but r actually suppressed at ur joy of being home..
:)
one day biks, and i promise u this...

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hehehe...that was very moving lehar!
time will tell...time will tell...

Psy said...

almost everybody is feeling the same way about MBA ending, I can assure you!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hmmm...terribly sad that...
ah well...there's always a next time...no wait...this was the last time!
crap happened!

Sneha Shrivastava said...

O itna nahi socha kartey.aabi behot sari post per teri comment karna hai.:)
I promised ki sabper comment karungi.