Friday, August 14, 2009

My Part Time Lover, My Full Time Friend

There's much to be heard but there's nothing i've told,
My heart is warm though your hand is cold,
I'm lookin in your eyes and i hear you talk,
Steal a touch from you as we walk,
You tell me your secrets softly in my ears,
Lean on my shoulders softly shedding tears,
We'll fight and be upset but only a while,
When we look at each other we know that we'll smile,
You're my guiding star in every storm, at every bend,
My part time lover, my full time friend...

(Inspired by that song from the OST of Juno)

9 comments:

Pesto Sauce said...

Well written

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Sweetly written nicely rhymed and beautifully expressed.:)

I like the Line
"Steal a touch from you as we walk,"
Keep writing.:)

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Thank you Sneha!
It's the best compliment I have received so far!
:)

Bluebutterfly said...

I knew the title seemed so familiar...Saw the movie last week..

Simple and nicely written !!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

:) Thank you Kriti...
Saw the movie for the umpteenth time again last week too...was inspired by the song right at the end when they're sitting outside Bleeker's house. Really simple and a great tune to go along with it!

hulosona said...

nice poetry!! why do u want to go for MBA job!! you can become a poet :)

JUNO-- is it the movie about a teenage girl who keeps her baby?

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Poets don't get paid much!
:D
JUNO is the same that you're talking about...watch it again though, you seem to be sketchy on the storyline...worth another dekko I think!

ANUJA said...

atleast they get paid :P

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Well, the poet really wouldn't get paid enough to be with his part time lover, full time friend...what's the point then?
Hows he supposed to write poems without her for inspiration?