Monday, August 03, 2009

What Davies Once Said!


From a bridge, I watch the setting sun,
Under my feet, I watch the river run,
I wonder why the passing cars won't stop,
Why people inside won't take in this picturesque backdrop,
Why friends prefer crowded places and a bitter brown drink,
When they could sit here in the breeze n watch the yellow star sink,
In the waning dusk,old wisdom i find,
Old lines from 'Leisure' come to mind,
'A poor life this, if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare...'

7 comments:

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Nice thought.:)

hulosona said...

awesome .... simply superb

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

@Sneha:> Not an original thought unfortunately... W.H.Davies beat me to it!

@Hulosona:> Thank you!

Pesto Sauce said...

Never read this one before

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Hehehe...that's probably because the last two lines are Davies' and the rest, mine...
:)

Bluebutterfly said...

I really wish we had more time to stand and stare or even just you know look...

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

:) So why aren't you taking a look?
Like the Tata Safari ad says, 'The only one stopping you, is you...'