Friday, March 19, 2010

What am I chasing???

When things aren't going your way and you have plenty of time on your hands, you tend to think a lot. More often than not, the discussion eventually leads you to questioning the fundamentals of life.
It began as a search for happiness. And I realised, life is not about the pursuit of happiness...happiness is wherever you want it to be so the journey of life cannot be to that 'happy' destination, if it were, it'd be a pointless never-ending journey for most...and a stagnant point for some.
So perhaps it's a journey to seek something else. Inner peace perhaps? But then inner peace, like happiness, can be found exactly where you want it to be found. That can't be right...
A quest to understand the relevance of our existence? That can't be right though...I am already at the center of the universe...our existence, is relevant in our present state of existence, only as long as I am aware of it. The moment I die, it'll all be irrelevant.
A quest to understand and seek God then? But that's the equivalent of understanding the origin of the universe...and in either case, God, is a very strong concept that we humans seem to fear more than respect. We seem to equate all that we do not understand to he powers of God and then refuse to further our understanding from that point on. If life is a journey to understand God, then we're all drifting in the wrong direction aren't we? That can't be right either...
Hmmm...so is life a journey at all? Aren't journeys supposed to lead to a destination? Death can't be a destination can it?
So what is life all about?

2 comments:

RiĆ  said...

now that was a very thought provoking post...and the more one things on it the more u get confused....i dont think i will get an answer to this question! It continues to elude me as always.

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Hehe...you know what, I'm so glad I've spent so much time thinking! I think I'm very close to understanding what life is all about...or at least, much closer to understanding myself clearly! That's as close as we can get to enlightenment eh?