Friday, January 29, 2010

Acceleration...

I'm sure you know how much I love driving around on my bike...and yes, I will accept, it isn't the hottest, head-turning piece of machinery on the streets and for the longest time, I thought I was in love with the reverberating engine and the slight misfire that gave it such a throaty feel. But it was today that I figured why I loved it so much.
It doesn't reach blistering speeds and would probably be outrun on a straight patch of road by bigger engined bikes but the thrill of my bike, lies in the acceleration. She might only do 80kmph but she can sure race up to the 80.
Life is somewhat like that isn't it? It's never fun to run at 210kph on a straight line, it's more fun to race up to 80 on a piece of winding road. Even in life, I reckon it's more fun getting to goals than it is whilst you're basking in the glory of your achievements.
Or something like that...I'm a little too hungry to expand this further...make do with this much now, I hope you get the gist of what I was trying to say. Acceleration is more fun than constant speed!

2 comments:

RiĆ  said...

quite an interesting simile drawn there...

Chronicler said...

true true... Because the rigour stays in more longer than the happiness or the sadness that actually follows it... In the pursuit of happiness we forget that the pursuit is the happiness..:)