Saturday, August 18, 2007

WORDS

Someone asked what defines my existence,

I pondered long and wondered about my pertinence,

What is the one thing I cannot live without,

That one thing that I have that I could flout,

Would it be something material I have like money or cars or a big piece of land?

But what would I do with these things that would one day be sand?

And then I wondered about all my friends,

Wondered about all the times we have spent,

All those memories I hold so dear,

Those moments of happiness, sadness, hope and fear,

I remembered all the times id been in beautiful love,

The times when my heart had fluttered as gracefully as a dove,

But nothing compared to my first thought, not the blue skies or the beautiful birds,

Cause dad and mom, I hold closest to me, all your beautiful words…

No comments: