Thursday, September 27, 2007

The chronicles of coffee…

I have an adverse reaction to coffee. I really lose sleep if I have had coffee anytime in the day and then I cannot sleep at night. Well, I have now been banned from coffee and here is the reason why…

Yesterday, I was kinda hungry in the morning cause I hadn’t had breakfast and then instead of havin something to eat, I decided to have coffee… and then another one… Big mistake… Well, I was really in tune for the exam I had but the trouble started after that. I was already feeling the effects and was really light headed. Well I also said some things to some people that I probably shouldn’t have. But that’s another story altogether.

While at the hostel in the evening at around 1 a.m. had the craving for paan. So I rounded up these guys and the four of us were on our way to juhu. Once there, we had paan and sat down chatting till about 130 when the cops chased us away. Well, my dear friend Anthony suggested we go to Bandra Bandstand instead. Jaggi was in his own parallel dimension and before he knew what was happening we were all packed in the ric. (funny thing too, at 330 while we were walking down carter road, Jaggi says he remembers Anthony saying something about putting him in the ric before he realized it… Wow a two hour delay before a reaction was evoked! Talk about being lost!)

Anyways, Bandra wasn’t much help either. Walking down the promenade, the cops chased us away again. Then Anuj remembers he had coffee at CCD, Carter Road at 3 in the morning and that it is open till 4! So, once again, tempted by coffee, we decided to walk down to Carter. (and we also had coffee from these unique coffee vendors of Mumbai. These guys travel around with a huge kettle of milk on bicycles selling tea coffee and smokes. Really, these guys are a blessing. Dunno what the night life in Mumbai would have done without these guys to keep them awake!)

Well I must admit, Bandra is really beautiful, especially at night. The beautiful catholic bungalows still standing with an old world charm about them. Haven’t seen a more beautiful set up in Mumbai yet. Well, maybe not as beautiful as the marine drive but comparable nonetheless. And as we walked on for the next hour or so, we talked about movies, the problems in Kashmir, plans about quitting the first job and backpacking on a euro trip, buying your first BMW 7 Series and going off on a road trip through India and how quickly these three months have passed us by.

And we eventually reached Carter road and walked the 999m from one end to the other for the coffee shop. Well, if you haven’t guessed by the turn of events of the evening yet, let me tell you that CCD was closed and that they close at 1 a.m. Mr. Anuj Tagra, GSAT… so 4 a.m., Carter road, and four hungry guys. Next destination? How about Bade Miyans at Lands End?

Well thankfully, we ended up going back to Vile Parle and had coffee outside Cooper Hospital. We were back in the hostel premises at 430 and were in bed at 5… oh and needless to say, Anuj has banned me from ever having coffee again, period…

3 comments:

cute n confused said...

no fair!
u hostel guys have so much fun!

cute n confused said...

an after thought...u can do this only in mumbai! pune would get over in ur 999m stroll, forget ppl not lettin u walk peacefully. here everyone cares, but at the same time, no one cares! :P

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hehehe...
right on, pune doesnt have an ocean so no promenades...
:(
but we have a lot of place to walk and no cops to shoo us away at all times...

yes, guys at the hostel have a ball of a time. atleast one upside to living in jani. id trade this life for one at home any day though...