Sunday, May 04, 2008

Names for the Future!

I was trying to create an e-mail identity for myself today and well, thankfully since I do have an odd and not so common name for myself, I had no trouble getting what I wanted. But i wondered what it must be like for someone who isn't as blessed. It really must be a nightmare for most other humans who are looking to create online identities for themselves. I mean with atleast a thousand others (I am being very conservative with my estimate...) it would be a nightmare to try and get the ID you want. If it is this bad for us, imagine what it would be like for the future generations to come. We still haven't got significant computer literacy so you can only imagine what the future might hold. Even now people have to attach suffixes to their names like their birthdates or adjectives.
I was contemplating an alternative future here. Now we have our names that determine the e-mail IDs but think about what might happen if the availability of e-mail IDs would determine the names we have! That would be hilarious...imagine carrying a name like "bikram_9" or "bikram_weirdo" for life!

Hmmm... but I guess people aren't as dumb as that right? Well, if you think so, you are wrong...if people can actually name their kids "Reebok" and "Nike" the day we have "whacky.bikram" isn't too far!

5 comments:

Meenakshi Rehani said...

sad...

Meenakshi Rehani said...

where you at btw?
back to bombay?

R

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hehehe
yeah in bombay... creative low!

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

yeah totally!
people need to be more creative than rohit and mohit and rahul ...

i shared my first name with two other girls for three years in school ... no body called us by our first name !

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hehehe...
yeah i can sympathise with you!
fortunately my grandparents and parents were creative! i have a very unique name! matter of fact, personally know only one other bikram and as far as i know there is just one other bikram snehi that i have seen on orkut... so awesome!
:P