Monday, June 04, 2007

DISTANCES

In this ever widening world where boundaries seem to be shrinking, strangely enough distances seem to be increasing. I mean seriously, people now are able to travel a great spanse in what is the blink of an eye but no amount of phone calls or even video conferencing could bring you closer to home. A lot of people these days have found their dream jobs far away from their home towns and have traveled far. Of course, you do find new friends and new lives in these wonderful new cities but you do leave behind your old friends and your old lives. I have had the experience of leaving my beautiful city for a few months and I have despised the move. I met a lot of new people and a lot of new opportunities fell my way but I was always home sick. I couldn’t stay in touch with my friends and felt I was moving away from them. Yuck, I wonder how some people leave behind their wives and girlfriends to earn a few more bucks. Ok, ok so its not just a few bucks but a six figure sum but nonetheless, what good is the money to you and your family if you don’t have each other? I would rather have my family and friends with me, with me earning paltry alms than being miles away from them and earning millions. Ironic that I am writing this when I am a week away from leaving Pune for Mumbai. Nonetheless, my hearts not in the move. I would only be counting the days till I can get back to my beloved city and my beloved friends. Damn, I really am gonna miss everyone so much…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, get yourself a girlfriend!!!
and stop advertising your blog on orkut like a ham. you write well but you need to wait to get appreciation. stop using bhangar marketing strategies...