Monday, May 21, 2007

My Book has Stopped…

I had not contemplated this earlier but I am gonna stop writing my book. I know those who have read parts of it might want to egg me on and will tell me im doing a good job at it but I read through them today and I realized im not doing an awfully good job at it. Not many people might wanna read it eventually and more than anything else, I might not want many people to read it either. After all, im supposed to write about all those moments I spent with my dearest friends, those trials and tribulations, those wonderful evenings and those wild days. Those sweet memories are ours to keep and treasure and I wouldn’t want to dilute them by giving many others an insight into our lives.
I realized writing about yourself is like stripping yourself bare. Its about opening yourself out to people who you don’t know and honestly I don’t see the good in doing that. I thought long and hard about it and I realized that not just myself but my friends involved in those times too would be mentioned and no amount of me changing their names would hide their identities. After all, they are gonna be with me till I go to my grave and for all those times when they lent me their shoulders, I don’t wanna embarrass them in any way. When I think about those four years I spent in RSCOE, I am overwhelmed with such sweet memories that the bitter ones seem to be sweeter. I have been through a lot in those four years with a lot of special people that I know I will treasure as long as I breathe and if I put all that to the scrutiny of prying eyes I would never be able forgive myself.
Moreover, writing about those days has meant that I have almost paused my own life. I am still living in the memories of those years when each day held something special. I wouldn’t be able to recall them in the next four years to do sufficient justice to them. Those times have been so special and have taught me so much I wouldn’t have things any other way. I know a lot of people would say that there is a stark difference between what I could have been and what I have turned out to be but honestly, no other place or time would have been able to enlighten me to the extent that those four years at RSCOE have been able to. I have to move on though and those memories are somehow holding me back. I need to retain them as memories and not a roadblock where my life stopped chugging along. There will be a time when I will write my memoirs and all the people in my life will know what they mean to me. There will be a time when I shall write about all those beautiful years I have spent in school, junior college and college, when I finally express my gratitude to all you guys for all you have done (and not done) for me. Until then, I have to make do with writing my blog. After all, each story must have an end and my life has only just begun. My memoirs will definitely come but not yet, not yet…

No comments: